In addition to our own website, there are other sites on the Web that provide interesting and helpful dental information. Because we are committed to improving the oral healthcare knowledge of our patients, we are providing the following selection of links to other sites you might find interesting and informative. We have grouped some of the links into various categories to provide quick access to the topics of greatest interest to you.
If you have a suggestion for a new link, please send us an email, as we are always looking for good resources to pass along to our valued patients and visitors to our website. We hope you find these sites helpful!
General Dental Websites
The following links provide some good general information on dentistry.
– Academy of General Dentistry http://www.agd.org/consumer
– The AGD’s consumer information section provides information on more
than 50 oral dental health topics.
– American Dental Association http://www.ada.org/public
– Provides information for the general public including dental care articles, dental insurance information, and information for students interested in dentistry.
– Floss.com http://www.floss.com/
– Contains a wide variety of dental health information, including articles on women’s dental health issues, child dental care information, halitosis (bad breath) section, and new dental product information.
– Glossary of Dental Terms
– American Dental Association’s comprehensive reference provides a glossary of dental terms as they relate to the public.
Oral Health Care & Products
Links to sites providing helpful information on oral health and home care products patients can use to maintain optimum oral health.
– Colgate http://www.colgate.com/
– Trusted resource for dental health information and oral care products.
– Crest http://www.crest.com/
– One of the world’s most trusted brands in dental products.
– Oral-B http://www.oralb.com/learningcenter
– Oral-B developed this learning center for dental health education to promote oral care habits that are essential to the lifelong health of teeth and gums. The site includes information and advice for children, adults, and dental health teachers.
– Sonicare http://www.sonicare.com/
– Learn how the Sonicare toothbrush creates an indescribable clean feeling, the benefits you can expect, and even take a factory tour.
Here are some fun and entertaining dental related sites for children (and parents).
– Crest Kids http://www.crestkids.com/crest_kids/index.jsp
– Learn how to get your kids interested in learning about dental health, gum disease and cavities. Includes tips for tykes, parent’s guide, product information, and games.
– Kids Health http://www.kidshealth.com/
– The largest and most visited site on the Web providing doctor-approved health information about children from before birth through adolescence. Sections for parents, teens, and kids.
– Operation Smile http://www.operationsmile.org/
– A non-profit volunteer medical services organization providing reconstructive surgery and related health care to indigent children and young adults in developing countries and the United States. Operation Smile provides education and training around the world to physicians and other health care professionals to achieve long-term self-sufficiency.
Other Interesting Websites
– Beyond Fear (Dental Phobia Self Help) http://www.beyondfear.org/
– Clear and concise information on how you can overcome dental anxiety.
– Healthy Smiles 2010 http://www.cresthealthysmiles.com/
– A program with a goal to combat *America’s Oral Health Epidemic* by improving the oral health of more than 50 million American children and their families by the year 2010.
– National Museum of Dentistry http://www.dentalmuseum.umaryland.edu/
– The museum, a Smithsonian Institution Affiliate, is a lively national center where visitors learn the importance of a healthy smile and are fascinated by the rich history of dentistry.